Thursday, February 9, 2012

Celebrating Cino Cinelli's Birthday

Cino Cinelli was born on this date in 1916. Reader Chris write's today of riding his Cinelli Super Corsa Leggerissimo:


"Now I Understand.

For many years I have admired the Cinelli Speciale Corsa. The lines and eometry have always seemed right to me, and the few brief rides that I had on SCs belonging to friends made me want one.

After finding and restoring my own, I have begun riding it. So far the miles have confirmed and expanded my view that these bicycles are something very special.

I now understand why the same basic frame has been in production for over 50 years. This frame was not designed with a computer, probably not even a slide rule.

It was designed by a man who was a cyclist and racer first. He fortunately had the skill to translate his experience into metal, and he created a form that influenced everything that followed. Cino Cinelli had the intuitive knowledge and practical experience of what worked well, and what helped maximize performance while maintaining comfort.

Maybe these frames are not right for everyone. Certainly all riders are unique, and we all have our preferences. But for those of us who fit this bike, Cino got it right."


I invite you to contribute by sending in photographs of your Cinelli bike, illustrations, personal stories, and articles about Cinelli bikes and components.

Thanks for stopping by.

I can be contacted at veronaman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment